Playing a baccarat game online is quite famous in Canada. It is readily available to play online for free or real money on computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. It is one of the oldest casino games not just in Canada but across the world. Just like roulette and blackjack, baccarat has also been around for a long time. Every year, the increasing number of players is creating an account at top casino sites to get in on the baccarat action. So, what has made this game incredibly popular at a worldwide level? In this online baccarat casino guide, you’ll explore every basic thing you must know to have the true gaming fun.
Before we go ahead learning the strategies, variations, etc., let’s give a quick look at the origin of the baccarat game through its short history.
Online baccarat shares some of the similar history to its cousins – blackjack and roulette. It shares the same origin in Europe. Although there are no accurate facts regarding its first invention and the country which exactly started this game, its history dates back to around 600 years. In the late 15th century, soldiers during the Franco-Italian War played the earliest predecessors of Baccarat. In ancient Italian terms, the word “Baccarat” means “zero”. Primarily, this game was believed to be introduced by the Italian gambler named Felix Falguierein. It was played with Tarot cards.
In 1490, the game spread its presence in France where it was renamed as “Baccarat en Banque”. Then, its name was changed as “Chemin de Fer” because the cards were dealt from an iron box in France. Chemin de fer then introduced in England, where it was termed as “European Baccarat”.
Baccarat appeared in Canada and the US in the early 19th century. In the 1950s, it was brought to Las Vegas, unfortunately, it does not get the players’ attention as Chemin de fer seemed difficult for many players. It becomes the gamblers’ favorite when a simplified version was launched.
Today, online baccarat becomes the favorite casino game of millions of players globally. It is available in numerous variations. Keep reading this guide to get informed about its very basic information.
What Is Online Baccarat?
Baccarat online, also known as Punto Banco, is one of the casino games that have won the heart of myriads of Canadian players. It is played with several decks of cards between two positions – the player and the banker. Each card is given specific values. All ace cards – 1, Numbered cards – the respective face value, for example, 2 is valued at 2, All 10’s and face cards (J, Q, and K) – 0. A two-card hand with a total of either 8 or 9 is considered as a natural hand.
Cards are dealt out to the banker and the player. Participants around the table have to place a bet on either the player, the banker or tie. A dealer (house) then deals 2 cards to each side. A player who creates a hand with a value closest to a total of 9 will win the game and paid the best. In some cases, the game may advance to a 3rd card. Note that exceeding the target total will surely result in an instant loss.
Is It Legal To Play Baccarat Online In Canada?
Canadian players can legally play baccarat online at sites licensed in Canada and the casino brands based outside other nations. However, it is expected that the government of Canada will update the laws in the future. New rules will be created where just locally based casinos are permitted to operate and offer gambling services in the country. For now, it is safe to play baccarat online at trusted and licensed casino sites in Canada.
How To Play Baccarat Online?
The simplicity to learn and play the game is one of the main reasons behind the increasing popularity of baccarat. Once you find the best baccarat casino site in Canada and select your favorite title, you can simply start playing the game. Here is a step-by-step guide to playing baccarat online.
- ✔ Place a bet on either the banker’s hand or the player’s hand.
- ✔ A dealer then dealt 2 face-down cards to a player, as well as, the banker.
- ✔ Both cards are turned over and the total value of the hand is declared.
- ✔ The game ends when either the banker’s or the player’s hand gets 8 or 9 points and wins the game.
- ✔ If a player’s hand totals 0-5 points, they’ll be dealt extra cards.
- ✔ There can be the case when the 3rd card can be drawn. It will happen in the following situations –
- The banker has 3 points and a player does not own an 8-point card.
- A banker has 4 points and a player does not own 0, 1, 8, 9 point cards.
- A banker has 6 points and a player does not own 6 or 7 point cards.
- ✔ The 3rd card would not be drawn if a banker has 7 point cards.
- ✔ A banker cannot draw a 3rd card if it was not drawn by the player.
- ✔ The hand that has a value equal or close to 9 will be announced as the winner.
In short, the main focus of the player should be on getting the score close or equal to 9. That is about all how this game can be played online in quite an easy and straightforward way.
The game of online baccarat presents different betting odds and house edges (house advantage) based on the baccarat type and 3 different possible outcomes. Understanding these odds is crucial to win effectively at the baccarat table online. In this table, you will find how odds will differ for the possible outcomes.
|Bet Type||1 Deck||6 Decks||8 Decks||Total House Advantage|
From this table, it is clear that the banker bet offers the lowest house advantage. On the other hand, tie presents the highest house edge or advantage. Hence, it is good to place the bet on the banker’s hand.
Popular Baccarat Variations
The beauty of online baccarat lies in the fact that it is very exciting and easy to play with lucrative payouts. Canadian players can indulge in different variations for added entertainment. Take a look at the following variants that are extremely popular among Canadian baccarat players.
– Punto Banco
Perhaps the most common yet popular version of baccarat, Punto Banco is played initially with 8 standard decks of cards. In this variant, the house edge for the player is 1.24%, for the banker, it is 1.06%, and 4.85% for tie. A croupier deals 2 cards to the player and 2 cards to the banker. A player who gets a hand with the value equal or close to 9. If the value exceeds 9 points, the number to the right will be considered as the actual hand value.
– Chemin de Fer
It is the French version of the baccarat also known as “chemmy”. In this variant, players have the option to decide whether or not to take another card. There are 6 decks of cards used and the game is started counterclockwise. The shoe is moved around the table in a counterclockwise direction. Each of the 8-12 players can decide to become a banker. If no player chooses to go bank, each of them has to place the bet in order. A tie is a rare option in this variant as most of the bets turn out. It often gives a payout of 8:1.
– European Baccarat
This is one of the new versions of online baccarat commonly found in 2020. In this variant, a player has the option to draw or stand on 5. The banker is controlled by a dealer who can draw the 3rd card from the shoe.
Among all baccarat variations, Banque is considered as the most difficult one because only 3 decks are used to play the game. The banker remains the permanent position until they no longer have money to play or when they want to quit the game. The banker is decided by a person interested to place the bets most. After shuffling the cards, a croupier offers it to the players to shuffle again. However, the banker shuffles the last. Every participant can place the wager on either the player, the banker or a tie.
Playing online baccarat is a great way to experience the thrill and win big cash prizes. However, no strategy can guarantee a 100% win, you can improve the winning potential by following the very popular baccarat strategies as given below.
- Fibonacci Baccarat Strategy
- One-Sided Baccarat Strategy
- Labouchere Baccarat System
- The Trend Switch Combat Baccarat Strategy
- D’Alembert Strategy
- Paroli Baccarat System and Strategy
- Breaking The Doubles Strategy
If you got confused between these strategies and can’t decide which one to choose, then simply select one which is easy to understand, logical, and offers the best winning chances with a reduced house edge.
Best Tips & Tricks To Play And Win Baccarat Online In Canada
If you have never played an online baccarat game in Canada, then get started with the following proven tips and tricks.
- ✔ Try free baccarat games before playing it for real money. Most of the top-rated online casinos in Canada offer ‘free play’ options.
- ✔ Start slowly instead of considering it as a marathon.
- ✔ Never place the wager on tie bet as it has a huge house advantage of 15%.
- ✔ Know your limits, set the bankroll, and keep a track of all your wagers to ensure that you never exceed your limit.
- ✔ Enjoy the game for fun without keeping a track of every hand.
- ✔ Try to bet on the banker as it has a low house edge of less than 1%.
- ✔ Keep your baccarat sessions short, especially when you keep on switching between the player and the banker bets. Don’t try to be greedy.
- ✔ Popular baccarat strategy systems such as Paroli, Martingale, or Fibonacci makes a perfect match.
- ✔ Remember that over-thinking can result in losing the game. So, go with your gut and keep playing for the fun. This could potentially help you in winning the most money.
- ✔ Choose baccarat tables that have fewer decks as they prove to be more advantageous to an experienced and skilled player.
- ✔ Don’t consider card counting while playing baccarat online.
- ✔ Check out the competition and commission charged by the casino sites.
Before you sit down and open your computer or another device to play baccarat, you might consider these tips to play smartly, safely, and successfully. It will help you in boosting the bankroll and head in the right direction.
Of all the online casino games, baccarat is easy to play for fun and earn a great profit. With low house edge percentages and excellent bet odds, it is worth to play. Even Canadian players can now play this favorite game on the go or in the comfort of their own homes with mobile and live baccarat games.
Top online casinos in Canada such as Ruby Fortune, Jackpot City, Royal Vegas, and Spin Palace offer different baccarat variations to play online or live with real human dealers. They can be played on smartphones and tablets by accessing the site through a web browser of the mobile device or by downloading the casino app. Some of the reputable software providers including Evolution Gaming, NetEnt, Microgaming, and Playtech offer high-quality live baccarat to be played against the real dealer in the interactive environment. Based on the casino site, Canadian players can find a table with table limits ranging from $5 – $20,000 per hand. So, select your favorite baccarat game and start playing it!