What is volatility in an online casino?
Volatility, also known as variance or dispersion, refers to the amount of risk implicit to a particular slot game. In simple terms, the volatility of a slot machine helps in determining how much risk is involved in a specific casino game online and how much that game will pay. Don’t get confused between variance and volatility as these are the two statistical terms that refer to exactly the same thing.
High Volatility Slots
These sorts of online slots provide considerably higher prizes and win, but they are not provided regularly. They have a huge difference between the minimum and maximum winning amount. A millionaire jackpot win or the large win of thousands of times the starting bet usually comes from the high volatility slot machines. These are widely enjoyed by the players who like the games that provide the potential to win big. But, it is comparatively much riskier than others because a player will require unlimited funds for prolonged sessions until he or she could not get any significant winning combinations. High volatility slots usually have a RTP that can range between 92% and 94%.
When To Play High Volatility Slots?
High volatility slots are filled with lots of exciting bonus features including stacked Wilds, jackpot games, and free spins with multipliers. These games are perfect for those players who are thrill-seeking Viking and do not afraid to take big risks. The following are some of the situations when one can consider playing high variance slots.
- You’re a go home or become a big person
- You like to take big risks to win big rewards
- You are willing to enjoy life-changing jackpots or bonus games
- You can set a limit of the amount you can afford to lose before you stop enjoying the gameplay
- You are an adrenaline junkie and excited to experience the action of huge wins
- You have an experience of playing the maximum amounts to compete with massive prizes
- You are not afraid of losing or risking the large sum of your bankroll just to receive that one lucky spin and the massive win
If you are such a type of casino player, then pick the best high volatility slot and play it after thoroughly understanding the fundamentals of the game.
Top 10 High Volatility Slots Online
If you want to best use your bankroll and enjoy the exciting gameplay for a prolonged period, then spin the reels at any of the high volatility slots.
- Immortal Romance – Microgaming – 96.86% RTP
- Dead or Alive – NetEnt – 96.82% RTP
- Book of Dead – Play’n GO – 96.21% RTP
- Raging Rhino – WMS – 95.91% RTP
- Bonanza – Big Time Gaming – 96% RTP
- Extra Chilli – Big Time Gaming – 96.2% RTP
- White Rabbit – Big Time Gaming – 97.3% RTP
- Montezuma – WMS – 95.86% RTP
- Danger High Voltage – Big Time Gaming – 95.67% RTP
- The Wishmaster – NetEnt – 96.6% RTP
However, you may find the extensive range of other high volatile slots, the above 10 are the most recommended ones highly appreciated by worldwide players.
Medium Volatility Slots
Average or medium volatility slots are placed between the low and high variance slots. Since they combine the best of both types of slot variations, they have a low risk of low variance games and the huge potential of winning big prizes like high variance slots. These types of machines can provide you small as well as big payouts. Players receive the winnings most frequently but comparatively less than low volatile games. In simpler terms, players receive enough payouts to keep playing and also have the chance of being credited with some big wins. The RTP percentage ranges between 95-96%.
Who Will Find Medium Volatility Slots As An Ideal Choice?
The following are some situations when players can consider playing medium volatility slots.
- ✔ You want to do something more exciting without taking the high risk.
- ✔ You wish to play for fun and experience the thrill of competing with strong competitors for bigger winning prizes.
- ✔ You don’t have the large bankroll size still want to try your luck and hand at the massive win prizes.
- ✔ You are interested in playing a little longer.
- ✔ You love receiving awesome bonus features such as wilds, 1000x jackpots, and free spins bonus games.
- ✔ You are a casual player and want to take the gaming action to the next level while mastering the game.
If you would like to start playing the best medium variance slot, then check out our list for picking the most recommended title that perfectly suits your taste and preferences.
Top 10 Medium Volatility Slots Online
With so many slots available to choose from, it can be quite difficult for players to decide which one will best fit their gambling tastes. To help you get the most out of your gaming experience, we have composed here a list of the best medium volatility slots.
- Vikings Go Berzerk – Yggdrasil Gaming – 96.1% RTP
- Flowers – NetEnt – 96.3% RTP
- Gonzo’s Quest – NetEnt – 96% RTP
- Jumanji – NetEnt – 96.33% RTP
- Immortal Romance – Microgaming – 96.86% RTP
- Terminator 2 – Microgaming – 96.62% RTP
- Cleopatra – IGT – 95.02% RTP
- Flame Busters – Thunderkick – 96.1% RTP
- King Kong Cash – Blueprint Gaming – 96% RTP
- The Great Albini – Foxium – 96.66% RTP
As you can see, all of these slots are developed by the top-rated casino game developers and providers of the industry. Hence, you can rest assured about the quality of graphics, bonus game features, a secure and fair gaming experience.
Low Volatility Slots
These types of slots fall on the opposite side of the coin as they have a lower risk in the short term. Classic slots, 3D slots, and video slots are often considered as low volatility slots that pay small and medium-size amounts most frequently. That means you will enjoy enough wins, usually prizes every two or three spins, regardless of how long you play. Since they are low in risk, these are perfect for beginners who’re learning to go on the online gambling journey. There is a lot of fun and thrill in this sort of game as little amazing wins will pop up in nearly every couple of spins. Further, the captivating animations and awesome bonus features keep players engaged throughout the gameplay. The RTP of low variance slots can reach more than 96.5%. Some games can have RTP more than 98%.
When To Play Low Volatility Slots?
Low variance or low volatility is the perfect slot for the players who –
- ✔ Are interested in receiving wins more often
- ✔ Don’t want to risk their hard-earned money in the long run just to receive one big win after a duration
- ✔ Playing slots just for fun
- ✔ Want to play and enjoy the gaming fun as long as possible
- ✔ Beginners who don’t have any knowledge and experience in online gaming and playing slots to learn
- ✔ Wish to receive the winnings that are within the advertised RTP of the machine in the short run
- ✔ Don’t have the large bankroll and are not interested in risking the most of it
- ✔ Fans of classic video slots who don’t want to wait until the bonus games to win big amount
- ✔ Are in fond of getting the most entertainment and action out of their money
- ✔ Love receiving constant rewards throughout the game regardless of the larger one
If you have made your mood to play a low variance slot, then choose any of the titles from our list of the best low volatility slots given below.
Top Online Low Volatility Slots
Wish to play the slot games where you can receive the win more often? Go with any of the slots listed below –
- Starburst – NetEnt – 96.09% RTP
- Blood Suckers II – NetEnt – 96.4% RTP
- Sunny Shores – Yggdrasil – 96.2% RTP
- The Legend of Shangri-La – Cluster Pays – NetEnt – 96.59% RTP
- Gemix – Play’n GO – 96.75% RTP
- Rainbow Riches Fortune Favours – Barcrest – 97.7% RTP
- Thunderstruck II – Microgaming – 96.65% RTP
- Wild Wild Chest – Red Tiger Gaming – 95% RTP
- Big Bad Wolf – Quickspin – 97.35% RTP
It comes as no surprise that each of them will offer the best of the online gaming experience as each of them are developed by the industry-leading software providers.
How To Determine The Volatility?
If the slot volatility is not given by the developer, simply go for the trial by playing it. Evaluate the price ranges for different winning combinations. Find out how much you can earn per spin for landing 3 identical symbols and compare that amount with a win you’ll be rewarded for bringing 4 symbols. Similarly, compare the amount of both combinations with the amount you can win on landing 5 symbols. If there is a huge difference between these 3 amounts, then it’d be a high volatility slot.